Clothing Swap :: Sponsored by Seattle EcoWomen and Goodwill
Do you have clothes you haven't worn for a year or more? Do you want to try some new styles without spending a fortune? This is the perfect opportunity to revamp your wardrobe and make room in your closet for the new outfits you'll be taking home from the Swap! Plus you'll get to meet and network with awesome women interested in environmental issues, learn about textile waste, and get a chance to tour Seattle Goodwill's LEED gold certified building.
You do not have to be a Seattle EcoWomen member to attend so feel free to invite your women friends to register!
- Please bring a bag of clean, gently-worn clothes, shoes and accessories for the swap, especially career wear items. Items left over from the swap will be donated to Goodwill.
- If possible, bring another bag of items to be donated directly to Goodwill. You can even include damaged or unusable textiles, such as those with holes or stains, as long as they are not wet, mildewed or contaminated with hazardous material. For more information, please review King County's list of acceptable donation items.
- Feel free to bring finger food snacks to share. We will have some refreshments available.
- Don't forget to bring a bag for collecting/carrying your new-to-you items home!
- This event is free but we will have a donation jar available at the swap for those who want to provide additional support for Goodwill and Seattle EcoWomen in providing other educational opportunities/events in our community.
- 6 pm :: Sign in/Clothing drop
Drop off snacks and clothes for swap/donation. Feel free to come a little early to drop off your goods and help us set up.
- 6:05 pm :: Building Tour
Goodwill's LEED certified building tour
- 6:25 pm :: Refreshments/Textile Waste Talk
Refreshments and textile waste talk with Tom Watson, King County EcoConsumer
- 7-8 pm :: Clothing Swap
Goodwill Job Training and Education Center (View)
700 Dearborn Place S
Seattle, WA 98144
|Minimum Age: 18|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
Oct 22, 2015 8:23 AM
Oct 22, 2015 7:13 AM
Oct 21, 2015 2:55 PM
Seattle, WA United States
Oct 20, 2015 6:14 PM
Oct 20, 2015 7:05 AM